Designed and developed in collaboration with Sir Brian May, the MV50 BM packs the maestro's massive, stadium filling, treble boosted AC30 tone into a micro tube amp head that can be held in the palm of your hand.
Powered by Vox’s NuTube technology — a revolutionary new vacuum tube that produces authentic tube tone at a fraction of the size and power — the MV50 BM is based on the best-selling MV50 circuitry and modeled on the classic AC30 sound, with the addition of a switchable treble booster from Nigel Knight of Knight Audio Technologies, a refined control panel, and an EQ switch that can be toggled from 'flat' (perfect for larger cabs) to 'deep' (ideal for getting a deeper tone even from a smaller cab).
With 50 watt output at 4 ohms, the MV50 packs a serious punch despite its diminutive size, making it perfect for live performance, rehearsals, and home practice. Cabinet simulation in the headphone/line out also makes the MV50 BM a superb studio tool which can be recorded directly, without needing to mic up a cab.
The MV50 BM Features
- Weighing in at only 540g, the MV50 BM is one of the lightest tube amps available, making Sir Brian May’s iconic tone truly portable
- Recreates the unique sound of Brian’s cranked AC30 signal chain
- Eye-catching red casing provides a visual nod to the legendary ‘Red Special’ guitar
- NuTube powered with switchable treble booster
- 50W RMS @ 4 ohms
- Gain, tone and volume controls
- EQ (flat/deep)
- Also available as a limited edition collector's set with matching speaker cabinet, keychain and postcards